SQM is a Green Company!
In today's business world, more and more companies are becoming environmentally friendly, however, we at SQM were "Going Green" even before it was cool to do so.
Since SQM was first established, in 1993, we have fostered innovation in the industry. Now, over 20 years later, Sensors Quality Management Inc. continues to maintain a green state of mind, through such initiatives as:
- Conducting bi-annual environmental audits, to identify ways of reducing energy consumption and operating a more environmentally friendly office.
- Using local area Representatives to minimize travel distances.
- Encouraging our Field Representatives to use alternative forms of transportation, when traveling to assignments, to reduce traffic and pollution.
- Combining assignments that are within close proximity of each other, to reduce travel times, traffic congestion, vehicle emissions, and pollution.
- Providing our field force with the ability to complete all aspects of their assignments using our online system, in an effort to reduce paper consumption.
- Computerizing many aspects of the operation, resulting in a variety of saving...all of which benefit the environment.
- Offering our clients access to their information via online and digital reporting, which reduces both paper consumption and storage space.
- Moving towards becoming a completely paperless office, which reduces our dependancy on landfills and recycling programs.
- Designing an energy efficient, compact sized office, that significantly reduces energy consumption.
Whether it's: turning off the lights when leaving a room, closing the shades during peak sunlight, adjusting the thermostat by a degree or two, turning scrap paper into notepads, avoiding unnecessary printing, car-pooling to the office, implementing a building wide recycling program, or countless other ideas, we can all do our part to reduce waste and energy consumption.
SQM strongly encourages all of our stakeholders to be environmentally friendly. We continue to work towards reducing our carbon footprint, in an effort to make the world a better place, today, and for future generations. It's more than a trend, its a lifestyle.