Budget Travel Options
Click here to view the original article featured on: Asian Avenue Magazine - August 28, 2017, by Mary Jeneverre Schultz
Those who wish to travel are often confronted by the reality of their budget first. Here is an idea for making a trip on the cheap: try to reduce your airfare by 50 percent.
A Canadian-based company is offering opportunities for airline discounts in the U.S. Travellers can find airfares up to 50 percent off. They also boast free or reduced-price tickets on different major US bus and rail lines.
David Lipton, president of Sensors Quality Management (SQM) in Toronto, Canada says, "We are thrilled to help consumers save money."
Here's what to do:
- Sign up at: www.sqm.ca
- Create a profile that will require an email and contact information
- After approval, you will have an opportunity to review the travel boards
- Familiarize yourself with the website so you can navigate it easily
- Wait for further instructions.
Then there are other things to consider before you book your trip:
- Only one person can be allowed on the reduced-cost flight. Couples, families, and those traveling in groups won?t be able to sign up on the same flight or plan a group trip.
- If you participate in a frequent flier program, you will not earn points since you are getting half off the flight.
- You are required to fill out an evaluation on each leg of the flight. The first survey takes a little longer than any others, usually an average of 30 minutes. Most airlines have wireless Internet that allows individuals to work on the survey during the flight.
- You will work closely with SQM to book your tickets. The process is typically easy and seamless.
- Last-minute travel won't work—you will have to plan ahead. A good rule of thumb is to book tickets at least three weeks in advance.
Afraid of flying?
SQM offers rail and bus options, too, allowing leisure travellers to see North America on the ground. As more airlines receive bad publicity or experience unfortunate incidents, discounted travel allows more airlines and rail companies to build and improve their brands. Lipton adds that his company also works closely with hotels and upscale restaurants to improve the complete traveling experience.
Mary Jeneverre Schultz travels all over the U.S. in search of ethnic enclaves. Follow her on Instagram @Jeneverre.
Let SQM know you heard about this opportunity and they will prioritize your application.